How to hide and show region programmatically?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

How to hide and show region programmatically?

This forum has moved to a new location. From now on, please post all your questions about Add-in Express Regions on .NET and VSTO forum.
Olaf Hengesbach

Hi there,

I have added a ADXOlFormsCollectionItem to Outlook 2007 with a simple test form. I also have added a command bar button that is supposed to switch the visibility of the region. Hiding works (i simply set the Enabled property to false), but how can I restore my ADXOlFormsCollectionItem with its form shown?

Put another way: how do I programmatically switch the initial ADXRegionState.Hidden (or Minimized) programmatically to ADXRegionState.Normal and back?

Thanks for any hints, I think I am overlooking something very obvious here but I just can't find it anywhere...

Regards,
Olaf
Posted 02 Oct, 2012 03:31:46 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Olaf,

To show/hide your form, please check this sample:

C#, "How to set the visibility of the form in an Outlook advanced form region" at http://www.add-in-express.com/support/addin-c-sharp.php#form-regions.

VB.NET, "Controlling the visibility of a custom form" at http://www.add-in-express.com/support/addin-vb-net.php#outlook-forms.

To modify the state of the form, you need to set the ADXOLForm.RegionState property.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Oct, 2012 04:14:38 Top
Olaf Hengesbach

Hi Andrej,

thanks for your reply, I will try that...

I also discovered the developer's guide pdf document in the start menu... and silently shouted "RTFM" to myself! ;)

Sorry to bother and thanks a lot! :)

Regards,
Olaf
Posted 02 Oct, 2012 04:33:03 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You are welcome!

Olaf Hengesbach writes:
silently shouted

)

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader