Installation error with EV Code Signing

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Installation error with EV Code Signing
Installer is not executing due to signature issues with version_info.xml 
Subscribe
Andre Herrmann

Hey,

I'm trying to deploy my COM Addin via Click-Twice using an EV certificate. After publishing the solution, I tried to install the .exe, but this throws an error saying: "Security error: The security key doesn't match the signature of 'version_info.xml'. Task name: ParseXML.

Here is what I did:

• Installed the latest version of Addin-Express.
  • Created a completely new project.
  • Set the assembly information.
  • Added a taskpane that only shows the current assembly version on a label.
  • Build the solution.

• Created a new setup project.
  • Build the setup project.

• Under "Addin-Express" > "Signing options" I added the EV certificate (which is from Sectigo). I checked SHA-1 and SHA-256 and added for both the timestamp server: http://timestamp.sectigo.com.
  • Went to the publish dialog. I choose "MSI-based web deployment", selected the installer file, defined the installation url and added the signing information in this dialog as well.
  • Checked my target Net Framework under prerequisites with install from vendor option.
  • Checked the "Sign 'version_info.xml' file" option under "Preferences". My understanding is that this is a necessity using EV signing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Hit publish and went to the .exe Installer.

After checking the files, I can see that the installer files are signed, however it seems that the version_info.xml is not signed.

Could you please advise me on how to solve the problem?

Best regards,
Andre
Posted 22 Jun, 2024 12:50:27 Top
Andre Herrmann

Sorry, ticket can be closed.
I set the wrong installation url. Works fine now.
Posted 22 Jun, 2024 13:38:41 Top