What Does AdxLoader.dll and AdxLoader64.dll Actually Do?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

What Does AdxLoader.dll and AdxLoader64.dll Actually Do?
Just Curious Since I accidentally built a version of my ADX plugin-in without it 
Subscribe
Paul Yao

I understand that these two DLLs are needed, but I just noticed that if they are not present then things still somehow seem to work.

Now "Seem to Work" means that I am able to register my COM plugin from Visual Studio. What gets used seems to be comething called mscoree, which must be doing some of the things that the various AdxLoaders are doing.

I have a Premium license, but I do not see any CPP source files so I am guessing that maybe the source for these two are not included.

Thank you in advance for your help understanding this.

Best
Paul
Posted 23 Jul, 2024 17:18:41 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Paul,

Indeed, if adxloader.dll/adxloader64.dll aren't present, Add-in Express registers your add-in with mscoree.dll which is a universal loader from Microsoft. That loader doesn't create a separate AppDomain for your add-in and this may cause collisions with other add-ins registered with mscoree.dll.

The source code of adxloader.dll/adxloader64.dll is supplied on request. Please send us an email to support@add-in-express.com and I'll send you a download link to the source code project.

Regards from Poland (GMT+2),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Jul, 2024 08:53:49 Top